WHEN SHOULD MY WHEEL ALIGNMENT BE CHECKED?
You should have your wheel alignment checked:
- When fitting new tyres
- Every 12 months or every 10,000 km you drive (whichever comes first)
- After the replacement of any steering or suspension parts
- After getting vehicle repairs because of an accident.
Think you need a wheel alignment? The Advantage Tyres has a team of experienced tyre fitters that can help and booking an appointment is easy! You can book online, or phone 0800 36 26 36 to book an appointment or head into your local store today.
WHAT IS A WHEEL ALIGNMENT?
First step of the assessment is a brief pre-alignment road test. Then your car is hoisted up in the Advantage Tyres workshop and connected to an electronic device which reads the vehicle’s current alignment – or lack of it! Correct geometry is achieved through a series of adjustments on each wheel to ensure the computerised reading meets the vehicle manufacturer’s standards.
After this fine tuning, another road test is done to confirm that the alignment is back on track and road-worthy. At the completion of the service, you’ll be given a print-out of the wheel alignment machine’s readings and an explanation of which corrections have been made.
HOW CAN I TELL IF MY CAR NEEDS A WHEEL ALIGNMENT?
TAKE NOTE OF THESE WARNING SIGNS:
- Your car is ‘pulling’ to one side and hard to keep in a straight line when driving
- You feel excessive shaking through the steering wheel
- The steering wheel doesn’t return to centre
- Irregular tyre wear – on front or rear tyres
- The steering feels heavy
BENEFITS OF CORRECT WHEEL ALIGNMENT
DRIVING A CAR WITH CORRECT WHEEL ALIGNMENT WILL:
- Save fuel
- Enhance your car’s handling, particularly cornering
- Reduce driver fatigue
- Save excessive uneven and premature tyre wear.